Tiger Woods withdraws from next two tournaments (and Twitter isn’t taking it well)

Boredom Spieth
Boredom Spieth
Boredom Spieth
Contributor

Time for yet another installment of “Tiger Woods is out of action for a while and Twitter isn’t taking it well!”

Tiger backed out of last week’s Dubai Desert Classic with back spasms. He was expected to tee it up at next week’s Genesis Open and the Honda Classic the following week.

However, this just in from the “can you honestly say you’re surprised?” Department: Tiger Woods announced just announced on his website that he won’t be playing in either tournament. Shock.

Aww, man! But can we stop with the “Tiger Woods pulls out” headlines. Maybe not the best choice of words? Maybe? Anyway, here’s a portion of Woods’ statement.

“My doctors have advised me not to play the next two weeks, to continue my treatment and to let my back calm down,” Woods said. “This is not what I was hoping for or expecting. I am extremely disappointed to miss the Genesis Open, a tournament that benefits my foundation, and The Honda Classic, my hometown event.”

Tiger Woods’ long-serving agent, Mark Slimeberg…err Steinberg, told reporters in Dubai that the back issues his client was experiencing were not related to the nerve issues, for which he has had a series of surgeries.

Meanwhile, in the Twitterverse…

From the look of things on Twitter, though, people aren’t buying the explanation…Oh, and they’re despondent.

Since, you know, he sucks/hasn’t played much golf/is ranked 674 in the world, T Dubbs isn’t eligible for WGC events, meaning the next time we’re likely to see him is the Arnold Palmer Invitational March 16, an event he used to dominate before he, you know, became a 70-year-old.