Tiger Woods Pleads Guilty To Reckless Driving, Enters Diversion Plan

Tiger Woods stood before a judge in Florida, Friday, and pleaded guilty to reckless driving in order to enter a diversion plan for his DUI arrest in May.

As part of the plan, the 41-year-old will attend a DUI school and workshop, act in 50 hours of community service, pay a $250 fine and be subject to random drug and alcohol tests. If successful, Woods will be cleared of his DUI charge and will only receive the second-degree misdemeanor for reckless driving.

Woods, who donned a black suit coat and white shirt, said one word during the hearing – “yes” – when asked by the judge if he understood the charges.

The 14-time major championship winner was arrested in the early morning hours of May 29 in Jupiter, Florida, after police found him unconscious while sitting in his vehicle parked on the side of the road. Woods failed a sobriety test on the scene.

Initially, Woods told authorities he had been taking Vicodin and Xanax to help with a recent back surgery, but reports later emerged that found Woods also had Hydromorphone, Ambien and Delta-9 carboxy THC, the main ingredient in marijuana, in his system.

However, no alcohol was present.

He later released a statement saying he was receiving professional help to manage medications to help relieve his back pain and a sleeping disorder.

Woods most recently served as an assistant captain for the United States in the 2017 Presidents Cup. Since then, he has teased a return to golf – providing Twitter followers with frequent updates of his swing in viral videos. He was also spotted this week at the Medalist Golf Club in Hobe Sound, Florida.